Sunday, October 11, 2009

Getting There

A actually asked for a lift today and is willing to be picked up. It still seems a bit like we're taking her somewhere I'm not convinced is a perfect "hang-out" place, but, at least we're being allowed to know where it is without it being told it's a crazy request.

I have my moments where I think we're going to be able to do this well and she'll ultimately be truly part of our family (as in she'll consider us family as well) and other moments where I think we'll continue to be foster parents and to take teens and pressure them in ways they don't like, but, they'll still move out as soon as the social workers let them.

We did talk about the fact that she's allowed to stay in care until she's 22 and that the fact she CAN walk away at 16 doesn't mean that she should. Ah well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment