Monday, July 6, 2009

Nothing to Say?

So, now that I've created this place to talk, I don't seem to have anything to say.

We've finished our training, we've finished our homestudy, we've figured out after-school care, etc. So, we're waiting on a criminal record check.

Apparently, this means that I have lots of time to stew about whether or not we can do this. When we were putting everything together and were busy all the time, I was sure I could do it. I mean, I've worked with kids of just about every age at some point and I have a strong belief in community families, so, I should be able to do it. But, how do you prepare to become a sudden parent to a child of any age? I expect that we will probably get teens because there aren't many homes that will take teens. So, I'm mostly focused on preparing for teens. But, what if we get an 8 year old?

I don't think I like waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment