Monday, May 18, 2009

Thinking....

When the blogging revolution began I didn't understand the attraction at all. In the last year though I've relied on fostering and adoption blogs as a source of information to get me thinking and send me to resources.

We've spent time traveling a lot of the paths that others describe and we've spent a lot of time thinking about how our society defines a family and how our ideal differs.

I always (since I was a teenager) meant to foster someday. That day appears to be imminent. And, I'm thinking that all the blogs I read create a sounding board and venting space that is safely anonymous. So, maybe I want to give it a try.

But, then again, what if someone in my real life learns about it and starts reading, or, what if I pick up trolls? So, maybe I want to revert to an old fashioned journal instead even though it doesn't have the ability to respond.

Basically, I'm thinking that I may test this out in a very general fashion and may try posting a few comments in some of the blogs I've been following and see how it goes. Anyone have advice on why you'd choose to think online versus in private?

2 comments:

  1. I obviously just began following. I (in typical Tara fashion) read from the current to the past. I really like what you've said here. In a recent discussion with someone, they asked me specifically why use the blog forum instead of a normal journal. They tried to make me feel like I was doing it for the attention when in fact that it is not its purpose. I like how you have put it..."it doesn't have the ability to respond." This is resonating with me. I like that. It make sense.

    http://sanitysrchr-shortbus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara -- Thanks for your comment. I still haven't figured out completely how I feel about the public nature of a blog. I edit so much that I'm not sure I'm helping myself. And, sometimes I want a response and it doesn't seem to come. But, I haven't given up on it yet.

    P.S. I've added your blog to my "Check Out" list, but, it may take me awhile to get there.

    ReplyDelete